Monday, March 14, 2011

Requiescat in pace

Dear food processor:

I was careless.  I'm sorry.  You left this world too soon.

--Melissa


Some more information:  It fell off my freezer because of a thin layer of water and my slopey apartment floor.  The container's handle shattered into tiny pieces, simultaneously breaking my heart and laying out a destructive field of plastic shrapnel with a taste for the vulnerable skin of fresh, pink-bottomed feet.  My new hand blender has a blade + processor container, but it's just not the same.  We had so many good times pulverizing things together (mostly white beans with olive oil and asiago cheese). 

So, here's to my Black & Decker countertop food mulcher.  May you turn many things into delicious paste in the appliance afterlife.

Love,

LabGirl with Beetle Hair

No comments:

Post a Comment